Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm a Coach!

That's right. I'm a coach. I've been a soccer coach for my son's soccer team for the past 3 years, but now I'm an official Independent Team BeachBody Coach. So, what does that mean? For me, it means I've found something I'm passionate about (getting fit and healthy) and I want to share my experiences and passion with others so they can have similar experiences.

Quick background: I'm 48, I'm married with two very active pre-teen children and I work full time. I was in a fitness rut for a long time. I always knew I wanted to start getting in shape again, but something always got in the way or I got bored or lost interest or didn't really notice any results. So, I just stopped. Did what a lot of people do and settled in to a life of going to work, eating dinner and watching TV. Not very active.

In 2009, I decided I need to do something different. I'm 5' 8" and in 2009, weighed in at 170 pounds. I wasn't huge, but I felt sluggish and knew I wanted to get back to a weight where I felt comfortable - somewhere in the 150 - 155 lb. range. I initially got started using my kids' Wii Fit board and noticed I was feeling better, the more I did the exercises and the more weight I lost. Wanting something more, I had been seeing ads for P90X for quite a while and decided to "take the plunge" and order the program. I had considered health clubs, but knew that it would be difficult for me to make that a routine, plus, not having a specific workout program, I would have done the exercises I had always done - with no variety.

Comparing the cost of P90X to a health club made it seem like a no-brainer to me. Get the DVDs and if I just used them for a month or two, they would have paid for themselves. So, I started the program and found that I loved it. The first three weeks were rough - I have to admit. Woke up sore every morning, but it was a good sore. The kind of sore you feel when you're body is telling you you haven't used your muscles in a while and they're ready to be woken up and used the way they were meant to be used. After those first few weeks, I found myself looking forward to the workouts and especially looking forward to how I'd feel after the workouts (and for the rest of the day).

So, more on the specifics later, but eventually, all this working out and all this feeling great, led me to become an Independent Team BeachBody Coach. If you're reading this blog post and want to learn more about P90X or any of the other great fitness programs and products BeachBody has to offer, start here: http://beachbodycoach.com/jenseneric

No comments:

Post a Comment